Overview of IBM Information Server unified governance
The significant growth in data volume, velocity, and variety requires enterprises to govern and manage the risk, quality, and cost of that data and provide higher confidence for its use.
- Where is the data? Can we find it?
- Is there data in the organization that we just don't know about?
- What shape is it in? Can we use it?
- Where has the data been? Can we trust it?
Unified governance delivered through IBM Information Server uses automation to eliminate dozens of manual, error-prone steps, simplifying and streamlining information governance and enabling teams to find the data they need, evaluate it's quality at a glance, and feel confident that it can be used to gain business value.
- Information Governance Catalog New
- Find the data and explore relationships between assets in your enterprise. Discover and analyze data, work with the discovery results. Work with data rules, quality rules and data rule definitions.
- InfoSphere® Information Analyzer
- Analyze data sets, view and edit the analysis results, and view data rules, rule sets, and quality rules that have been bound to columns in a data set or workspace.
- IBM Information Server Governance Monitor
- Monitor your enterprise information to obtain a quick status of your curated assets and to view your data quality metrics.