IBM InfoSphere QualityStage Module for U.S. Address Certification, Version 8.6, Release Notes
Revised 12 Dec 2014
InfoSphere® QualityStage Module for U.S. Address Certification, Version 8.6 provides address verification and enhancements, certified by the United States Postal Service (USPS)®, for U.S. addresses. This module meets all the requirements of certification to allow you to qualify for USPS® discounts and ensures the completeness, consistency, and validity of critical U.S. address information in databases. InfoSphere QualityStage Module for U.S. Address Certification, Version 8.6, requires IBM® InfoSphere Information Server, Version 11.3.1 or later.
The module must be used with reference data provided by the USPS® and made available as part of a subscription with IBM.
- Residential Delivery Indicator (RDI)
- Provides a Y indicator in the output records of non-business addresses. A Y indicator means that the address is a residence.
- SuiteLink indicator
- In business address input records that do not include suite numbers, performs a search and then, in the output records, provides suite numbers and ZIP + 4® Codes. This is required to receive the postal discount.
- Preferred aliases
- In output records, returns preferred aliases except when the aliases conflict with the 30-character address rule.
- Matching to a secondary value of zero
- Supports the matching of zero values in secondary addresses when reference records indicate that the range is valid. For example, a house number might be 0320 River Street. Cycle N extends the same match criteria to secondary address values. For example, in the address 123 Main Street, Suite 05G, the primary building number value is 123, and the secondary value is 05G. The module can match to a secondary value of zero only when reference records show that ranges that contain leading zeros are valid.
- Delivery Point Validation (DPV) tie breaking
- Determines when to use the DPV-confirmed result and when to return a no-match condition. The use of DPV is mandatory in Cycle N.
- Matching of firm records
- Matches the input ZIP + 4® codes of business firms against the USPS® firm reference records. A firm name or suite name might not match the reference record but the module makes the match based on the ZIP + 4® match.
- Street and city abbreviations
- Optimizes the module to return street addresses of 30 characters or fewer and city characters of 13 characters or fewer as output. The city name abbreviation is an option that the user can select.
- Vacancy indicator
- Provides output records that include a Y or N value in the Vacancy field. A value of Y indicates the address is vacant.
- NoStat indicator
- Provides a Y or N value in the NoStat field. A value of Y in the output records indicates an address that does not receive deliveries.
The CASS™ database requires 5 GB of disk space. The module requires up to 100 MB of disk space depending on the platform. InfoSphere QualityStage Module for U.S. Address Certification, Version 8.6, requires IBM InfoSphere Information Server, Version 11.3.1 or later.
For information about hardware and software compatibility, read the detailed system requirements.
For information about installing Version 8.6, see the installation documentation.
Limitations and problems for InfoSphere QualityStage® Module for U.S. Address Certification, Version 8.6, are documented in technotes, which are available on the IBM Support Portal.
|InfoSphere QualityStage Module for U.S. Address Certification||http://www.ibm.com/support/search.wss?q=usac86relnotes&sort=desc|
|InfoSphere Information Server||Technotes|