Queries help you to find and list assets, their properties, and their relationships. A query is composed of its definition and its results.
- Published queries. These queries can be accessed by all users who have access to queries.
- User queries. These queries can be accessed only by the user who created the query.
Within any query result, at most 25 related assets are shown for each relationship. InfoSphere® Information Governance Catalog limits the number of related assets per relationship that are displayed to ensure that this activity does not destabilize InfoSphere Information Server when invoking queries.
When workflow is enabled, you can filter results of queries that contain glossary assets by published assets, and draft or modified assets.
- Accessing queries
- To access queries, open . The list consists of query name, description and last modified time.
- Running queries
- To run a query and view its results, in the Queries tab, click the name of a query.
- Creating queries
- To create a query, complete the following steps:
- Go to .
- Click Create. You are redirected to Information Governance Catalog classic. For more information, see the Creating queries topic.
You can create a query to display data in tabular format in asset details page. For more information, see the Displaying database column properties in a tabular format in the Database Table Details page technote.
- Exporting query results to a CSV file
- You can export results of any query to a CSV file. The file can have up to 10,000 rows.
- To export query results, complete the following steps:
- In the Queries tab, open query results by clicking the name of a query.
- From the menu in the upper right of the window, select Export to CSV.