You can explore relationships between assets in the graph to better understand how data is connected.
About this task
- Personally identifiable information marker
- When you have sensitive data in your enterprise, also known as personally identifiable
information (PII), it can be marked with a PII marker, which is represented by a letter
Pin the relationship graph. An asset is marked in this way when it is assigned a label that in its description has a marker specified. By default, this marker is
PII. For example, when you have a label called Home address, and this label contains the description
Specifies home address of customers. Contains PII., all assets to which this label is applied are marked with the
Pletter in the relationship graph.
- If you want to change the default value of the marker, see the Configuring the personally identifiable information marker topic.
The graph displays the relationship between assets that you can view in the details page of assets, including custom attributes of type relationship. However, some relationships are not available in the graph. For details, see the restrictions section in the Assets in IBM Information Governance Catalog New topic.
- Access the relationship graph by searching for assets from the home page. In the search results list click the field of the asset for which you want to display relationships. The graph is displayed in the Relationships pane.
- To open the graph in a larger view, click Explore relationships.
- To display relationships of assets that are in the graph, click the plus icon. To hide the expanded nodes, click the close icon on each node.
- When more than one asset of a given type is related, such relationship is displayed as a group. Click the plus icon to display all assets at once. To select which assets to display, click the name of the group and select specific assets.
- To display the details pane of an asset, click its name.
- To display the graph in the center of the window, click the Center graph icon.
- To hide selected asset types and relationships from the graph, click the Filter asset types and relationships icon. Clear the check boxes for asset types and relationships that you do not want to display in the graph.
To modify how assets are displayed, click the Settings icon.
- You can display or hide relationship name.
- You can display or hide asset details pane
- You can pin graph nodes, which means that when you expand nodes, the ones which are already displayed don't change their position.
- To save the graph in the SVG format, click the Save as SVG icon.